Courier is on the hunt for a full-time reporter to help grow our Courier Workshop vertical.
Workshop is the beating heart of Courier, jam-packed with accessible, educational and useful stories of modern business – everything from how-to guides on coming up with a brand’s tone of voice to case studies on what to do when someone copies your product. Workshop’s goal is to give our readers the practical tools they need to improve the way they run their business.
As a reporter you’ll be devising, researching, writing and commissioning compelling features and developing engaging and inventive ways to bring those features to life – in both print and digital channels. This is an exciting role for someone with an interest in, and knowledge of, the small business landscape and the nuts and bolts of how they operate – keen to help build the essential small business resource.
• Brainstorm, pitch, research and write stories for Courier Workshop’s print and digital channels.
• Speak to leading experts and small business owners on a range of small business topics.
• Keep a close eye on innovative and original ways that small businesses are solving problems – with a focus on drawing out practical lessons that others can take.
• Have a strong awareness of emerging trends and leading thinkers in the ways people are improving the way they work, from leadership to productivity.
• Help grow the quality, audience and vision of the Courier Workshop vertical.
• 3+ years’ relevant experience.
• A strong network of founders, experts and specialists in the small business space.
• A good sense of what makes an interesting Courier Workshop story (plus ideas to hit the ground running).
• A passion for keeping on top of new brands and trends across sectors relevant to the Courier audience.
• Superb organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects, while working to deadline.
• A self-starting personality and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
• Experience conducting interviews, identifying sources and fact-checking.
• Ability to write engaging, accessible copy without resorting to jargon.
Send your CV along with a letter (350 words max) explaining why you’re the right person for the role – along with any examples of relevant writing experience and 5 original one-liner feature ideas for Workshop you'd pitch on your first day – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Workshop: Reporter’ in the subject line.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.